Monday 4 April 2016

Welcome Ms. Wong

We are fortunate to have an energetic, creative, and caring student teacher.  Below is a letter of introduction from her.


Hello Parents,

I would like to take this time to introduce myself! You may or may not have heard about me from your children, but I wanted to formally introduce myself now that I will be working with your children everyday for the next 10 weeks!

I am Division 5's Teacher Candidate. I am currently in school (at UBC) working to complete my Bachelor of Education to become a certified teacher! This semester, I am lucky enough to be given the opportunity to  teach in your children’s classroom for my practicum.

Just a little bit about myself... Before entering UBC's teaching program, I worked in the not-for-profit sector at the BC Lung Association as a Special Events Associate for a year and a half. Despite the great team I worked with and all we accomplished, I decided I wanted to pursue a career teaching children - something I had extensive experience with in my early 20s and thoroughly missed. It wasn’t until my life changing trip to Peru where I volunteered at an after school-program that I made the decision to go back to school to earn my teaching license. I'm happy to report I made the right decision. I find it incredibly rewarding that I have the opportunity to shape the minds of young people while also being a positive role model in their lives.

Please do not hesitate to drop by the classroom and say hello! Also if you have any questions, I'm more than happy to answer them in person or by email. You can contact me at awong238@gmail.com.

I look forward to meeting all of you and most of all, getting to know your children!


Ms. Wong